Friday, December 01, 2006

Charity Tournament

Started at 9pm went until 11.30pm which isn't too long compared to some other tournaments I've been in. I made it to the final table and finished 9th, won $3.90.

One hand I had pocket aces, flop comes 3TT, so pretty good for me, I make it 300 to go and one guy calls me so I'm thinking maybe he's paired the three or maybe he just thinks I'm bluffing probably has ace high. Turn is something like 6h, I check it to be safe, he checks too, so I figure I probably have the best hand then. River is Js. I bet 600 and guy goes all in, it's only about 150 more so I call and the guy turns over pocket tens, man it is not a good feeling when you're pocket aces are beaten by quad tens!

I made a lot of great lay downs today too, I folded pocket 7's and the guy had JJ. I folded my QT suited when the flop came T82, the guy had KT so I am so glad I got away from that one!

Knocked out when I went all in with 66, what can I say? I was major short stack. Get called and they turn over A9 off. Flop was nothing big, neither was the turn but guy sucked out and caught a 9 on the river so oh well.

I think the charity got something like $130 because of all the people that used up all their re-buys. Oh and by the way I didn't rebuy! Not once! Although I did add-on 1,500...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Would this be the "5th Street Charity Ball" ? If so I want to say thanks for joining us and well done ! ( any charity game is always a plus..)

Laura D said...

Yes, it was the 5th street charity ball

Anonymous said...

Thought provoking. Very true. vintage wedding dresses. Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Boots Mother Of Bride