Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Random Things I Find Interesting - YouTube Edition

  • Lady From Shanghai Scene - Orson Welles and Rita Hayworth, I don't think I have to explain why this is good.
  • Pennies From Heaven Scene - I love this movie, it is so underrated and it annoys me how regular people don't "get it". Basically in this scene, Steve Martin takes homeless guy for a meal. For some reason this movie really inspires me everytime I see it, the writing, the music, the set decoration, everything! Makes me want to go finish writing what Paul refers to as my "Woody Allen style movie".
  • Gilda Scene - Johnny (Glenn Ford) is awakened by some distant music "At first I thought I was dreaming it. I'd been hearing her voice in my sleep for nights anyway..." then this scene ensues.
  • Joseph Schmidt sings "Una Furtiva Lagrima" - From the 1936 German movie "Star Fell From Heaven".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, unforgetable cinema, but why oh why has Pennies From Heaven been so neglected ?

Laura D said...

Exactly! I have no idea why