Monday, February 21, 2011

Atmosfear - The Harbingers

Anyone else remember this game? (VHS board game)



Bud brought it down from the loft today. In the game you have to write down your fears and put it in this little cauldren thing, so I was expecting to see my fears but they weren't there! As if the game isn't spooky enough without a list of your fears disappearing!

I remember I always used to be "Hellin the Poltergeist", she looks like this:


I was always scared of this game, and quite rightly! The guy on the video who tells you what to do is scary as hell and I didn't enjoy writing down the word "spiders" to put in the cauldren.

When I looked through the whole box today (for the first time in probably 10 years!) I realized, you know what? This game isn't for children! (even though I played it as an 8yr old). For instance, here is the description of the character I would always choose:

Yes, that's right. Quote, "Hellin was an infant trouble-maker who once threw a temper tantrum so violent, it caused an aneurysm in her brain and she died." I do remember wondering if that could actually happen and being scared it would happen to me!

Ahh, anyway...the good old days...pretending you are a dead infant who throws things around the room :D

Well, we only have 2 VHS board games, so it's either play this or play "A Klingon Challenge"



You have no idea how many times I experienced bij. Even when I wasn't playing the game...I would experience BIJ.

4 comments:

Zoe said...

OMG I loved this game & always used to play hellin aswell mainly cos ghost kids freak me out my fear was either graveyards or Pot dolls my friend has this game somewhere I need to play it again! lol

Laura D said...

Lol Zoe! I loved it too but used the scare the hell out of me!

Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your lauramcbryde.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your lauramcbryde.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com