Sunday, September 16, 2007

Here's the deal...

I have a little problem with certain tv channels cutting scenes from tv shows. I'll explain....

  1. I was watching Scrubs on Paramount Comedy channel a few days ago and I started to notice that I had never seen parts of it before even though I had seen this episode. Lucky for me I found out the reason pretty quickly as E4 had the exact episode on the same night. Turns out I first watched this episode on E4 and they had cut out scenes! You don't even need to watch the episode to figure it out because on E4 it lasts 25 minutes (including adverts!) and on Paramount it last 30 minutes! To E4 I say this: You may think cutting the episode of irrelevant plot is a good idea so that you can have more time for other things on your channel but this is Scrubs! The little irrelevant jokes is what makes it Scrubs!
  2. Ooh, I am playing poker at this exact second and I thought I had aces but turns out some guy just turned over his hand. Damn it.
  3. Over here Law & Order comes on 3 channels - Hallmark, Sky One and Five. Hallmark is clearly the best channel to watch it. Sky One AND Five change the title sequence and music as well as cut out scenes. This is very annoying. Stop doing it.

2 comments:

Bud said...

Good solid post.

Anonymous said...

Agree with so much of that!